Join us for a one-of-a-kind virtual one day conference! UMANT has partnered with other assistant groups across the STATE to give you a combined conference that has an amazing line-up of speakers.
Get ready to come hang out online with UMANT, UMACT, UMAST, and UMPSET as we jump into a series of sessions on resiliency, diversity, what the future holds for local governments, and more!
This conference kicks off at 9am and there is an opportunity for you to get credits for a TCMA Ethics Training Course if desired.
A link for this conference will be sent out to all registrants the day before (October 22).
Cost of Conference:
Members and Non-Members: $20
Have questions? Email us here!
Current Schedule of Events: (Subject to Change)
Session One (9:00 – 9:45 am)
Topic #1: Maximizing Online Services and Resources to Maintain and Build Relationships with City Audiences during COVID-19
- City of McKinney: Paul Grimes, City Manager
- City of McKinney: CoCo Good, Communications and Marketing Director
Topic #2: Emergency Management in Constant Crisis
- City of Irving: Jason Carriere, Emergency Management Coordinator;
- City of Sugarland: Pat Hughes, Assistant Fire Chief, Emergency Management:
Session Two (10:00 – 10:45 am):
Topic #3: Diversity in Local Government
- City of Buda: Lauren Middleton-Pratt, Assistant City Manager;
- City of Cedar Hill: Melissa Valadez-Cummings, Assistant City Manager
Topic #4: COVID and Core Values: How Organizational Culture Drove Allen’s Pandemic Response
- City of Allen: Rebecca Vice, Assistant City Manager
Lunch (11:30 am – 12:30 pm):
- Zactax: Patrick Lawler, Founder
- Zactax: Chad Janicek, Founder
Session Three (1:00 – 1:45 pm):
Topic #5: Utilizing Community Partnerships During Troubling Times
- City of Carrollton: Erin Rinehart, City Manager
- Metrocrest Chamber of Commerce: Erin Carter, President
- Metrocrest Services: Tracy Eubanks, CEO Metrocrest Services
Topic #6: Open Door Without the Door
- City of Little Elm: Matt Mueller, City Manager
Session Four (2:00 – 2:45 pm):
Topic #7: TML Legislative Update
TCMA Ethics Training (2:00 – 4:00 pm):
Topic #8: TCMA Ethics Training